Saturday, February 20, 2016

Little Hums - Lullaby Release!

Before my first little bug was born I had this fabulous idea to record old traditional lullabies in a non-cheesy fashion.  I also wanted a picture & lyric book to go along with it, but unfortunately no artists seemed up for the task - and I am not about to try my hand at that.

I’m sure it’s changed a bit since then, but the market for reasonably un-annoying lullabies on iTunes at the time was scarce.  So I went for my idea it and finished it.  Really fast actually.  I set this wild goal of 1 song per week (recorded and mastered) and I was done in 20 weeks (I made two 10-song albums actually, but I’m only releasing one - for now)!  Remember, this was before I had my kid (in fact a lot was probably done before I was even pregnant - baby fever I guess…).  Now it takes me months to sit down and attempt to write half a song.  The fact that this album was actually released yesterday and you're hearing about it today is evidence of motherhood. At least my motherhood.

Anyway, I waited and searched for an artist to make my lullaby book/album duo dream happen, and it never did.  So EFF it I say!  And now, over two years and two babies later, I am releasing an album that’s been a long time coming!

Tell your wives, tell your pregnant friends…because there’s a new lullaby album in town.  I’ve tried it on my own littles, it seems to work.  And I really aimed for the “not annoying” element.  I have taken some artistic license and added some bright lyric themes to the mellow-dramatic songs (Rock-a-bye Baby, for example), and some fun a cappella harmonies, such as in Row, Row, Row.


Please, Listen to the full album here and Enjoy!

Shaloha!


No comments:

Post a Comment